Monday 10 June 2019

Freelancing as a way to tackle unemloyment

Is freelancing for you?



Nomads: travellers
Digital nomads: remote workers who travel as a hobby.
Data scientists: those who measure results from social campaigns
Social Media Marketers: Online advertisers
Online Marketers: They improve brand awareness and make sales



The above list includes - but is not conclusive - some of the jobs of the future. You need to key in. Take advantage of the trend when it is happening.

Don't be caught napping.



Do you know that freelancing can bring in a net income of N100,000 to 700,000 monthly and has the potential to bring in more money if you scale up?


Credit: Google Images


It has some disadvantages such as isolation. Can you handle the isolation? If it gets too much, you can visit a co-working space for three days in your week. Read my co-working post from way back.


When I think of the Nigerian youth and the challenge of unemployment, I always think of the solutions to the age-long problem. I am doing my bit to help out.



Where are you located in Nigeria?
Have you been unable to find a job in Nigeria?
Have you been unable to make a profit in your business in our dear nation?
Are you been underpaid at your paid job and living from paycheck to paycheck?


Maybe I can help.


I say maybe because I can only help if you commit yourself to this job. It is not a get rich scheme. If you already have a job, even an underpaid one, I would advise you to start burning the midnight candle so that you can get out of the rat race. Have a plan. It will be touch but it will be worth it.


I assure you that you will make the money for the training the first week you start practising the skills I will be teaching you.


Have you tried freelancing before and you failed? I can teach you how to avoid loopholes. In 2013, I quit my job and failed in freelancing mainly because there are so many scammers on freelancing sites.  Some of the sites I use have fewer scammers. I can help you join the sites. I can advise you on the apps and tools of the trade that will make you confident and professional.


I will teach you how to avoid the tricks scammer clients play.


Who is a freelancer?




A freelance worker is a self-employed person offering services to multiple clients at a time. The type of work varies. Every type of service required by any business can be provided by a freelancer at a cost/fee. Some freelancing jobs pay hourly rates to the extent that freelancers earn full time wages or more.


To be a freelancer with clients, you must learn to write content that can attract and keep paying clients. My friend and mentor call it giving your client 'pure gold'. If you learn to write pure gold, you will never lack for a client. You will be fully booked every month.


I can help you make your journey shorter. I have a course coming up in the month of July and August that costs N20,000 per person and I will be coaching only twenty people.


You must answer these questions:

The answer to these questions determines if you are ready to go to the next level. The moment you solve the problems below, you can start making money through freelancing.

  • How do you start freelancing?
  • What is your niche, and is it compulsory to have a niche?
  • How do you build your portfolio and start selling yourself?
  • How do you set fees that represent your experiences and skills?
  • How do you keep upgrading yourself so you don't stay on one pay grade for more than three months?
  • Are you willing to invest yourself?
  • How to make sure your work is not plagiarised and you get a 0% copy scape grade


Let me share with you one gold nugget that will ensure that you get the job.


Build a portfolio:


Pick a niche and start writing sample on that niche. You can start a blog. Start sharing your samples that are pure gold, well-edited and proofread on that Blog. The Blog is the Online portfolio that you can share when your clients ask for work samples to prove that you can write.

One of the first things clients ask for when you pitch them is a work sample. Having a blog with work samples on them with the desired niche solves that problem.


See an example of my portfolio: 




Bonus point for making your writing career better:


I have several mentors for my career with a background in publishing and digital marketing and experience in content producing, online writing, lead generation internationally and experience brokering international partnerships. See my writing mentor, read his blog and marvel.


Visit Seth at https://seths.blog



When I was a newbie in 2013, I used to bid $100 for ten pages and feel cool with myself. Today I charge $500 for a project that takes four days to finished and although I have satisfied feeling inside me, I know there is better. This post is for those who want to be and do better.


The course costs N20,000.




You can make this money in less than a week if you learn everything I teach you. Heck, you can make this money in the course of the training. For the amazing people who will be a part of my first class, you will get access to materials that have made me. You will get course material on freelancing, transcription, successful freelancing.


There are opportunities for many others.


For those who think this is just for Writers, you are so wrong, Website Designers, Academic Writers and Coders make a million naira (averaging $3000 - 5000) for a three-week project. So everyone can find a solution through this course. Just remember, you will always need a portfolio to convince the client that you can do the job.

To fast track, your progress in freelancing, join my Facebook Support Group. I answer questions faster on that platform.

To subscribe for my monthly emails, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Code